In compliance with the directive from the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development (MLGRD) to the Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDAs), ESMA has accordingly set up its Public Health Emergency Committee (PHEC) to educate the public on measures or ways to prevent the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Some of the activities embarked by the Assembly within Municipality so far includes:
- Provision of veronica buckets at vantage point at all the blocks of the Assembly
- The Assembly has ensured that other Departments that are not in the Assembly block have also done so.
- The team has visited Naagyei FM in Ejura and several other information centers in the Municipality.
- A collaboration between the ISD, the NCCE and the Municipal Health Directorate led to sensitization of other communities that do not have information centers with an information van
- With the support of the Concern Youth of Ejura, there has been one – on – one education on the preventive measures of COVID-19 for some members of the Municipality.